The George Mason Patriots (3-1) go up against the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (1-3) on Monday, November 20, 2023 at 6:00 PM ET. In this preview, we dig into the George Mason vs. South Dakota State odds and lines for this contest.
The Patriots are a 2.5-point favorite against the Jackrabbits when the Patriots and Jackrabbits hit the court. The matchup features an over/under of 140.5.
George Mason covered 18 times in 33 matchups with a spread last season. South Dakota State compiled a 15-16-0 record against the spread last year.
Here is everything you need to prepare for Monday’s college hoops game.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
George Mason at South Dakota State odds, spread and lines
- Spread: George Mason -2.5
- Total: 140.5
- Moneyline: George Mason -135, South Dakota State +115
George Mason vs. South Dakota State prediction
George Mason 80, South Dakota State 65
- George Mason finished with a 15-6 record in games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 71.4% of those games).
- The Patriots had a 14-5 record last year (winning 73.7% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -135 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives George Mason a 57.4% chance to win.
- Last season, South Dakota State was the underdog 10 times and won three of those games.
- Last season, the Jackrabbits won two of their nine games, or 22.2%, when they were an underdog by at least +115 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that South Dakota State has a 46.5% chance to win.
Against the spread
- George Mason covered 18 times in 33 games with a spread last season.
- South Dakota State covered 15 times in 31 chances against the spread last season.
- Last year, the Patriots put up 68.7 points per game, just 1.1 fewer points than the 69.8 the Jackrabbits allowed.
- George Mason went 11-5 against the spread and 12-4 overall last season when scoring more than 69.8 points.
- South Dakota State went 8-5 against the spread and 13-2 overall last season when giving up fewer than 68.7 points.
- The Jackrabbits scored an average of 70.9 points per game last year, just 3.6 more points than the 67.3 the Patriots allowed to opponents.
- When it scored more than 67.3 points last season, South Dakota State went 10-7 against the spread and 14-4 overall.
- George Mason had an ATS record of 12-7 and a 15-4 record overall last season when its opponents scored fewer than 70.9 points.
- The Patriots totaled 48 more points than their opponents last season (1.4 per game on average), and the Jackrabbits scored 37 more points than their opponents (1.1 per game).
- The average implied total for the Patriots last season was 71.9 points, 0.1 fewer points than their implied total of 72 points in Monday’s game.
- Last year, George Mason scored more than 72 points 14 times.
- The Jackrabbits’ average implied point total last season (75.8 points) is 6.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (69 points).
- South Dakota State outscored its implied point total for this matchup (69) twice last year.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.