As a privacy analyst you will ensure the IRS is protecting sensitive information through compliance with the privacy act and other regulations.
Detailed Position Description:
The incumbent serves as a Privacy Analyst with the responsibility of analyzing, evaluating, and advising management on the effectiveness and efficiency of assigned program operations as it pertains to the Privacy Act (5 U.S.C. §552a), E-Government Act (2002), Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 6103 (26 U.S.C. §6103), Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance, Department of Treasury Guidance, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) regulations, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Focuses on IRC 6103 confidentiality requirements, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Privacy Act, and Publication 1075, Tax Information Security Guidelines.
- Makes determinations about disclosures, data exchanges, access to Federal agency records and the use and dissemination of personally identifiable information.
- Performs operational reviews, prepares comprehensive program analyses/evaluations and provides new and modified guidelines pertaining to the effectiveness of government information program operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Prepares recommendations for resource requirements to accomplish projects. Monitors status and resources to meet goals and objectives and recommends adjustment of work plans and resources for program or project accomplishment.
- Conducts performance assessment, maintenance, supporting security and FISMA requirements and the testing of software enhancements for government information systems. Support users by resolving reported issues, incorporating system enhancements, communicating outages and modifications, analysis of issues to identify trends and implement preventative actions.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts projects and studies to evaluate and recommend ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of disclosure, safeguards, data exchange and privacy operations. Plans, coordinates, and establishes operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of program assignments and mission, and/or directs, as needed, the development and accomplishment of employee training relating to the assigned program.
- May act as a senior analyst providing guidance and assistance to lower graded staff, leads, and ad hoc teams in accomplishing projects, and may also serve as a project manager responsible for accomplishing various analytical studies and/or projects to resolve substantive problems or improve effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
Application Submission Information:
See usajobs.gov – search for Government Information Specialist (Internal Revenue Service).