Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Northern Trust provides fund accounting services as an integrated part of our fund administration services within our Global Fund Services division.
In this role, the North America Head of Fund Accounting will be responsible for managing multiple functions within Fund Accounting operations, providing leadership and guidance to subordinate managers. The Fund Accounting Manager has overall accountability for the performance management and career development programs for the function.
1. Manages the operational processes to achieve accuracy and timeliness targets for all NAV, manager/investor reporting, regulatory reporting and other client deliverables
2. Supports team and partners in the resolution of non-routine and complex accounting/reporting or process implementation issues
3. Consults with clients, prospects and partners on effective ways to meet client needs
4. Oversees, plans and directs the activities for the Business Unit, ensuring that Business objectives are being met
5. Develops, implements and communicates an overall strategy to meet both the Business Unit’s and Corporation’s strategic plan. Directs the activities of those areas toward accomplishing those objectives
6. Assumes accountability for financial and staffing resources, including developing and managing capital and expense budgets, liaising cross-function to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
7. Assumes full accountability for the performance and profitability of the area as compared to the plan
8. Responsible for managing multiple units or functions through the direct management of a group of managers
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
15+ years of relevant Fund Accounting and Financial/Industry Knowledge is required
The qualified candidate must be highly flexible and adaptable to change with an aptitude for emerging technologies relevant and applicable to the business
Knowledge of business strategy development is necessary to provide long term planning and to manage the profitability/performance of a major business segment
Leadership and organizational skills are required to direct the activities for the multiple units
The successful candidate will be a seasoned leader with extensive business experience, and broad functional expertise, with a focus on proactive strategic leadership
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.