The Florida International Panthers (1-4) face the Marshall Thundering Herd (1-2) on Monday, November 20, 2023 at 5:00 PM ET on FloHoops. In this article, we investigate the Florida International vs. Marshall odds and lines around this contest.
The Panthers enter their game as a 2.5-point favorite against the Thundering Herd. The over/under for the game is set at 155.5.
Florida International went 15-15-0 ATS last season. Marshall compiled a 19-12-0 record against the spread last season.
Before this matchup, here’s everything you need to get ready for Monday’s college hoops action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Marshall at Florida International odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Florida International -2.5
- Total: 155.5
- Moneyline: Florida International -139, Marshall +116
Florida International vs. Marshall prediction
Marshall 76, Florida International 73
- Florida International has been the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and it split the two games.
- The Panthers have played as a moneyline favorite of -139 or shorter in only two games this season, which they split 1-1.
- Florida International has a 58.2% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Marshall was underdogs three times last season and won twice.
- The Thundering Herd were not a bigger underdog last season than the +116 moneyline set for this game.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that Marshall has a 46.3% chance to win.
Against the spread
- Florida International put together a 15-15-0 record against the spread last season.
- Marshall put together a 19-12-0 ATS record last year.
- Last year, the Panthers put up 73.1 points per game, just 1.8 more points than the 71.3 the Thundering Herd gave up.
- When Florida International put up more than 71.3 points last season, it went 10-7 against the spread and 10-8 overall.
- Marshall went 14-4 against the spread and 17-2 overall last season when giving up fewer than 73.1 points.
- The Thundering Herd’s 81.8 points per game last year were 6.7 more points than the 75.1 the Panthers gave up to opponents.
- Marshall put together a 16-6 ATS record and a 20-3 overall record last season in games it scored more than 75.1 points.
- Florida International had an ATS record of 13-9 and a 12-12 record overall last season when its opponents scored fewer than 81.8 points.
- The Panthers had a -65-point scoring differential last season (-2.0 per game). The Thundering Herd out-scored opponents by 335 points on the season (10.5 more per game).
- The Panthers had an average implied point total of 77.2 last season, which is 1.8 points lower than their implied total in Monday’s game (79).
- Last year, Florida International outscored its implied point total for this matchup (79) nine times.
- The average implied point total last season for the Thundering Herd (79.7) is 2.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (77).
- Marshall put up more than 77 points in one game last year.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.