The Marshall Thundering Herd (2-2) take on the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (2-3) on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 1:30 PM ET on FloHoops. Below, we investigate the Marshall vs. Oakland odds and lines for this contest.
The Thundering Herd are only a 1-point favorite against the Golden Grizzlies when the Thundering Herd and Golden Grizzlies hit the court in a game projected to be a hard-fought matchup. The game features a point total of 149.5.
Marshall covered 19 times in 31 games with a spread last season. Oakland compiled a 12-19-0 record against the spread last year.
Before this matchup, here is what you need to get ready for Tuesday’s college hoops action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
Oakland at Marshall odds, spread and lines
- Spread: Marshall -1
- Total: 149.5
- Moneyline: Marshall -120, Oakland -101
Marshall vs. Oakland prediction
Oakland 78, Marshall 67
- Marshall was the moneyline favorite 28 total times last season. It finished 21-7 in those games.
- The Thundering Herd went 21-7 last year (winning 75% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -120 or shorter.
- Marshall has an implied moneyline win probability of 54.5% in this contest.
- Oakland has won one of the four games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Golden Grizzlies have a record of 1-3 in games where bookmakers have them as underdogs of at least -101 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 50.2% chance of a victory for Oakland.
Against the spread
- Marshall covered 19 times in 31 games with a spread last season.
- Oakland went 12-19-0 ATS last year.
- Last year, the 81.8 points per game the Thundering Herd recorded were 5.5 more points than the Golden Grizzlies allowed (76.3).
- When Marshall totaled more than 76.3 points last season, it went 16-5 against the spread and 20-2 overall.
- When Oakland allowed fewer than 81.8 points last season, it went 11-10 against the spread and 11-11 overall.
- The Golden Grizzlies’ 73.3 points per game last year were just 2.0 more points than the 71.3 the Thundering Herd gave up.
- Oakland went 9-7 against the spread and 10-7 overall when it scored more than 71.3 points last season.
- Marshall’s record was 14-4 against the spread and 17-2 overall when it allowed fewer than 73.3 points last season.
- The Thundering Herd scored a total of 335 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 10.5 per game), while the Golden Grizzlies were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 95 total points, -3.0 per game).
- The Thundering Herd’s average implied point total last season was 3.7 more points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (79.7 implied points on average compared to 76 implied points in this game).
- Last year, Marshall outscored its implied point total for this matchup (76) 22 times.
- The 76.6-point average implied total last season for the Golden Grizzlies is 2.6 more points than the team’s 74-point implied total in this matchup.
- Oakland put up more than 74 points in three games a season ago.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.