The UMBC Retrievers (3-2) will attempt to extend a three-game win streak when they hit the road to play the Maryland Terrapins (1-3) on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at Xfinity Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on BTN. In this article, we dig into the Maryland vs. UMBC odds and lines for this matchup.
The Terrapins and the Retrievers play with no line currently set for the matchup.
Maryland went 22-13-0 ATS last season. UMBC compiled a 15-16-0 record against the spread last season.
Ahead of watching this matchup, here’s what you need to know about Tuesday’s college basketball action.
Check out: USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll
How to watch Maryland vs. UMBC
- Game Day: Tuesday, November 21, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Big Ten Network
Maryland vs. UMBC prediction
Maryland 71, UMBC 70
Against the spread
- Maryland went 22-13-0 ATS last season.
- UMBC put together a 15-16-0 ATS record last season.
- Last year, the Terrapins recorded just 3.1 fewer points per game (69.7) than the Retrievers gave up (72.8).
- Maryland had an 11-3 record against the spread and a 14-0 record overall last season when scoring more than 72.8 points.
- When UMBC gave up fewer than 69.7 points last season, it went 8-4 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- The Retrievers averaged 10.8 more points per game last year (74.3) than the Terrapins allowed their opponents to score (63.5).
- UMBC put together a 15-13 ATS record and an 18-11 overall record last season in games it scored more than 63.5 points.
- Maryland went 19-7 against the spread and 19-8 overall last season when it allowed fewer than 74.3 points.
- The Terrapins put up a total of 218 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 6.2 per game), and the Retrievers out-scored opponents by 50 points on the season (1.5 more per game).
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. Terms apply, see operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Must be 21 or older to gamble. Sports betting and gambling are not legal in all locations. Be sure to comply with laws applicable where you reside.
We occasionally recommend interesting products and services. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, we may earn an affiliate fee. Sportsbook Wire operates independently, though, and this doesn’t influence our coverage.