On Monday night, Becky Lynch brought another legend into her fight with Bayley and the rest of Damage CTRL. While Lynch and Lita battled IYO SKY and Dakota Kai for the women’s tag team titles on Raw, Hall of Famer Trish Stratus made her return to help even the numbers game against the Damage CTRL trio.
Stratus managed to take out Bayley, who had interfered in the match at several moments. With the numbers even, Lita and Lynch were able to pick up the win and end Damage CTRL’s title reign, continuing to build toward a seemingly-inevitable WrestleMania match.
CBS Sports was with you all night with recaps and highlights of all the action from Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Trish Stratus returns to help Becky Lynch and Lita win tag titles
Women’s Tag Team Championship — Becky Lynch & Lita def. Damage CTRL (c) via pinfall to win the titles. Bayley caused a distraction at ringside by sliding a title belt into the ring. As the referee removed it, Bayley ran around the ring and pulled Lita off the ring apron to prevent a hot tag. Lynch managed to kick out of the pin that followed before Trish Stratus’ music hit and she ran to the ring to take out Bayley. Lynch finally made the tag to Lita, who got in some offense before moving out of the way of an IYO SKY moonsault. Stratus again took out Bayley and Lynch locked Dakota Kai in an armbar on the ring apron while Lita hit SKY with a moonsault to score the win and capture the titles.
No disrespect to an important figure in the history of American women’s wrestling, but Lita is badly out of her depth in a ring with these women. Everything she does looks awkward and every bit of ring rust is showing. That said, it should be considered a safe bet that WWE will figure out a way to make the inevitable six-woman tag match involving Damage CTRL and Lita, Lynch and Stratus work well enough. It was also a nice moment for Lita and anything to make the women’s tag belts relevant is good. Grade: C
What else happened on WWE Raw?
- Jimmy Uso & Solo Sikoa def. The Street Profits via pinfall after Sikoa hit Angelo Dawkins with the Samoan Spike. After the match, The Bloodline continued to attack the Profits but Kevin Owens ran in to hit Sikoa with a superkick before putting Uso down with a stunner.
- Brock Lesnar accepted MVP’s challenge to face Omos at WrestleMania. Lesnar appeared on MVP’s “VIP Lounge” set. Lesnar encouraged MVP to “sell the fight” and convince him on why the match should happen, also promising “no suplexes.” After MVP hyped the titanic clash up to Lesnar’s satisfaction, Lesnar accepted before shaking MVP’s hand and inviting him to share a toast. Rather than MVP’s champaign, Lesnar insisted they do a shot of moonshine. MVP choked on the shot and spit in Lensar’s face, leading Lesnar to finally hit MVP with the F5 that was clearly going to happen the entire segment.
- Cody Rhodes def. Chad Gable via pinfall after hitting Cross Rhodes. After the match, Rhodes said that he heard Roman Reigns would be at SmackDown so he would be too.
- The Judgement Day cut a backstage promo with Dominik Mysterio telling his father that he’d be at SmackDown on Friday, Rhea Ripley talking up her WrestleMania match with Charlotte Flair and Finn Balor telling Edge that their rivalry would be over when he decides it is over.
- Asuka def. Carmella via submission with her modified armbar. After the match, Asuka called Bianca Belair to the ring. As the two were face-to-face, Carmella attacked from behind and left the ring before Asuka and Belair got back to their feet.
- Candice LeRae def. Piper Niven via pinfall with a roll-up. Nikki Cross was outside the ring and accidentally caused a distraction that let LeRae pick up the upset win.
- Seth Rollins appeared on “Miz TV” and hit Miz with a superkick after Miz taunted him about Logan Paul. Rollins then took Miz’s phone and called Paul to tell him to show up next week on Raw. Paul accepted the offer and dared Rollins to run his mouth when they are face-to-face.
- Bobby Lashley def. Elias via submission with the Hurt Lock. After the match, Lashley warned Bray Wyatt to leave him alone or Lashley would hurt him. As Lashley left the ring, a video played of Wyatt performing a “Muscle Man Dance” song.
- Jonny Gargano def. Otis via pinfall with One Final Beat. Otis had requested the match after Maxine Dupri said she wanted to be ringside for an Otis match. During the match, Dexter Lumis caused a distraction by attempting to kidnap Mace, setting up the finish.